Rides & Events
Always remember to bring a copy of your current coggins papers to any trail ride or equestrian event. The Va. Dept. of Agriculture has been known to spot check the rides for the proper papers.
- Be kind to the trails or where ever you go "If you pack it in, please pack it out."
(SVSC Meetings are in red)
- SEPTEMBER 19-21 AMELIA SPRINGS FALLTRAIL RIDE, 7720 Mount Zion Rd. Jetersville, VA 23083 Gates open at 10:00 A.M. Friday for Camping. Early arrivals welcome on Thursday after 3:00 P.M. It is a primitive site in an open field. There are no electric hook-ups. There is water, showers and horse wash at the barn. Current Negative Coggins required and will be checked at the gate. On-line registration and waiver can be filled out by going to the website: www.ameliaspringstrailride.com
- SEPTEMBER 20 HALIFAX MOUNTED SEARCH & RESCUE 1089 Daniels Trail, Halifax, Va. 24558. $20 per rider, dinner around 5pm with campfire. Camping available @ $5 per trailer, per night. Open to campers Friday afternoon. Breakfast available on Saturday. Contact Jean Smith @ 434-446-2192 or Facebook@HMSAR.com
- SEPTEMBER 19-21 JROTC TRAIL RIDE Held in Conjunction with Dylan Moore Days @ Halifax County 4-H Horse & Livestock Complex (Dog Pound Rd in Halifax, NC or Exit 168 off I-95, 3 miles towards Halifax) $25.00 per rider (pre-register) $30.00 @ gate. includes primitive camping, dinner and entertainment on Saturday. (does not incl. poker run) Contact Jennifer Norton @ email@example.com or 252-532-1210 or Betsy Moore
- Virginia Horse Council will also list events.
- SEPTEMBER 26-28 GENITO TRAIL FALL RIDE, 1080 Watkins Road La Crosse, Va. 23950 Gates open Friday at 12:00. Primitive Camping, Water provided for horses. Lunch provided on Trail for a Donation. Dinner provided on Saturday night. Contact: Nelson or Chyrel Baird at 434-729-9141 or 434-774-1332 Facebook/Genito Trail Ride
- OCTOBER 3-5 BURKEVILLE FALL TRAIL RIDE Benefit Ride for Little Nottoway Hunting Association, 3647 Cary Shop Rd, Burkeville Va. 23922 $40 per rider, $25 ages 12 and under. Fee includes lunch on trail and dinner Sat. Entertainment by DJ Mitch White. Dinner Friday and breakfast Sat and Sun provided for $5 a plate. Negative Coggins required. Shoes or boots recommended.
- OCTOBER 3-5 FRANKLIN COUNTY TRAIL BLAZERS FALL RIDE 98 Alert Rd. Louisberg, NC 27549 $25 admission for ride and catered dinner. Contact: Ken Kreger (Ride site) 919-853-3772, Lonnie Hunt 919-496-4545 Linda Earp 919-965-3177 Mike Smith 919-496-4689 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or franklincountytrailblazers@gmail,com
- OCTOBER 3-5 EASTERN SHORE FALL TRAIL RIDE Benefit for Northhampton County Fire and Rescue Co. $45 Limit 250 Riders Mail in Registration Only!! http://www.easternshoretrailride.com Phone:757-442-6235
- OCTOBER 10-12 LAKE GASTON FIRE DEPT FALL BENEFIT RIDE, home of Wayne & Christy Lunceford @ 612 Blackridge Rd, LaCrosse Va! In conjunction with our local winery they will have wine tasting available for $5 per person paid at the winery! Hitching post at winery and they will deliver what you purchase to camp! Long ride 18 miles short ride 16! Ride out by 11 on Saturday, a shorter ride is available on Friday $35 per rider $ 25 12 and under includes dinner Saturday night and DJ Friday and Saturday! Fire dept. will have dinner available on Friday night for donations! Lunch on the trails by the Lake Gaston Hunt Club for donations!!! Camping is available on Friday & Saturday night! Water is available for watering horses only!!! Any questions please call Christy 434-917-2467 or Beth Quinn 434-917-3348!!!! Facebook/Lake Gaston Fire Dept. Benefit Trail Ride
- OCTOBER 10-12 HICKSBORO FALLTRAIL RIDE, 763 Robin Crest Rd. Oxford, NC $25 Entry Fee with Current Coggins. DJ Saturday Night. Extra Meal Ticket $8. see more information at www.hicksborotrailride.com
- OCTOBER 17-19 ROLLING ROCK FARM FALL TRAIL RIDE located 690 Oine Rd. Norlina, NC. The donation is #30 for Riders and $10 non riders. Waiver must be signed at gate. Primitive camping available, Food will be served. LOOK FOR SIGNS, NEGATIVE COGGINS REQUIRED. For more info contact Ted Harris @ 252-213-6862 or Tim Harris @ 252-425-4305.
- OCTOBER 17-19 FLEETWOOD (MASSIES MILL) FALL TRAIL RIDE Fleetwood Community Center 1357 Crabtree Falls Hwy, Massies Mill, Va 22954. Cintact: Audrey Diane Evans at either 434-277-5814 or email@example.com.
Trail Rider magazine offers free posting of events. Go to www.MyHorse.com