Rides & Events
Always remember to bring a copy of your current coggins papers to any trail ride or equestrian event. The Va. Dept. of Agriculture has been known to spot check the rides for the proper papers.
- Be kind to the trails or where ever you go "If you pack it in, please pack it out."
(SVSC Meetings are in red)
- October 11-13 Fall Trail Ride to Benefit the Lake Gaston Fire Dept. Admission is $35.00 per rider, under 12 is $25.00. $10.00 for dinner/dj. This is a special event in conjunction with our local Rosemont Vineyard and winery which will be providing a wine tasting near the end of the ride for those who are interested in participating. The cost of the wine tasting is $5.00 per person and is paid at the winery. Hitching post are available behind the winery. Any purchases will be delivered to the camp for free. Ride out by 11:00 on Saturday morning. Lunch is available on the trail for a donation. Dinner @ 5:30 and music to follow. Music by Dj both Friday and Saturday nights. Dinner available on Friday by donation. Gates open at noon on Friday. Water is available for watering horses only, Negative coggins required. Everyone must sign the waiver at the gate. Pre-Registration is appreciated, please send checks to Christy at 612 Blackridge Rd. La Crosse Va. 23950 For questions please call Christy Lunceford @ 434-917-2467 or Beth Quinn @ 434-917-3348.
- October 25-27th: Harris Brothers Ride, Norlina, NC contact Ted or Tim Harris at 252-213-6832.
- October 26-28th: The Flint Hill Volunteer Fire Department Benefit Trail Ride. Deadline for entry is October 16, 2013. Please read and print out the Rules and Regulations document when you print out your Application. Campers allowed on the field Thursday October 24th after 2:00 P.M. Friday riding OK but no food served. A Meet N Greet will be at the tents on Friday evening at 5 P.M. to socialize and as a Mandatory Check In for anyone on the field who was not checked in on arrival. Looking forward to seeing return riders and newcomers as well. All details are on the Application and the Rules and Regulations. Please forward the Ride info to your friends and help us get the word out.
- October 25-27:****There will NOT be a fall ride***Annual Piney Pond Gene R. Poythress Benefit Ride, contact Betty Poythress at 434-757-7351 or Leslie Poythress-Puryear at 434-774-7303.
Virginia Horse Council will also list events.
Trail Rider magazine offers free posting of events. Go to www.MyHorse.com