Rides & Events
Always remember to bring a copy of your current coggins papers to any trail ride or equestrian event. The Va. Dept. of Agriculture has been known to spot check the rides for the proper papers.
- Be kind to the trails or where ever you go "If you pack it in, please pack it out."
(SVSC Meetings are in red)
- March 27-30 TRAILS OF HOPE, RESCHEDULED FOR MAY 9-11 Benefit Ride for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Ava Crow. 1080 Watkins Rd. LaCrosse, Va at Genito Trails. Gates open Friday. Lunch provided on Trail by the Hunt Club for a donation. Fried Shrimp and Chicken Dinner catered by the Filling Station on Saturday. Contact: Robyn Crow 757-651-9012 email@example.com or Sharon Dugan 757-567-5354 N2_horses2@yahoo.com Facebook/Trails of Hope Ride
- April 11-13 OLD STORE 2014 SPRING RIDE, 1109 Gasburg Rd. Gasburg, VA 23920 Come in Friday afternoon and setup and enjoy the peaceful scenery of the campground's rolling hills. We're looking forward to a great crowd and a great time ! Facebook/Old Store 2014 Spring Ride
- April 11-13 CLUSTER SPRINGS VFD 2nd Annual Trail Ride. Across from Cedar Grove Church, Alton, VA 24520 $30 Donation per rider (Meal Included), Riders Meeting at 9:00, Trails open at 9:30. Contact: Jim Blanks, cell 434-470-3565 for more information on the Trail Ride.
- April 18-20 LAKE GASTON FIRE DEPT BENEFIT RIDE, home of Wayne & Christy Lunceford @ 612 Blackridge Rd, LaCrosse Va! In conjunction with our local winery they will have wine tasting available for $5 per person paid at the winery! Hitching post at winery and they will deliver what you purchase to camp! Long ride 18 miles short ride 16! Ride out by 11 on Saturday, a shorter ride is available on Friday $35 per rider $ 25 12 and under includes dinner Saturday night and DJ Friday and Saturday! Fire dept. will have dinner available on Friday night for donations! Lunch on the trails by the Lake Gaston Hunt Club for donations!!! Camping is available on Friday & Saturday night! Water is available for watering horses only!!! Any questions please call Christy 434-917-2467 or Beth Quinn 434-917-3348!!!! Facebook/Lake Gaston Fire Dept. Benefit Trail Ride
- April 25-27 GENITO TRAIL RIDE, 1080 Watkins Road La Crosse, Va. 23950 Gates open Friday at 12:00. Primitive Camping, Water provided for horses. Lunch provided on Trail for a Donation. Dinner provided on Saturday night. Contact: Nelson or Chyrel Baird at 434-729-9141 or 434-774-1332 Facebook/Genito Trail Ride
- May 2-4 AMELIA SPRINGS TRAIL RIDE, 7720 Mount Zion Rd. Jetersville, VA 23083 Gates open at 10:00 A.M. Friday for Camping. Early arrivals welcome on Thursday after 3:00 P.M. It is a primitive site in an open field. There are no electric hook-ups. There is water, showers and horse wash at the barn. Current Negative Coggins required and will be checked at the gate. On-line registration and waiver can be filled out by going to the website: www.ameliaspringstrailride.com
- May 2-4 HICKSBORO SPRING TRAIL RIDE, 763 Robin Crest Rd. Oxford, NC $25 Entry Fee with Current Coggins. DJ Saturday Night. Extra Meal Ticket $8. see more information at www.hicksborotrailride.com
- MAY 2-4 9th Annual IRON MOUNTAIN MEMORIAL POKER RIDE In Memory of Alison Shaw & Chris Bumgarner. @ Old Ivanhoe Horse Show Grounds * Great Location with FREE Camping Friday-Sunday * DOOR PRIZES FOR BEST & WORST HANDS* Registration 8-10 am; $20.00 ($15.00 – under 12) Per rider. Includes Poker hand, Breakfast & BBQ supper 3-5pm, Additional poker hand $ 5.00, Dinner Only $ 6.00 You do not have to ride to participate in the fun. Enjoy Music, Great Food, & A Good Time. Special B-B-Q prepared by Mo!!! Wagons and Buggies WELCOME ! ! * Not responsible for accidents, loss, or injury *
- May 9-11 EASTERN SHORE TRAIL RIDE, Machipongo, VA see www.easternshoretrailride.com for more information.
- May 9-11 TRAILS OF HOPE RIDE TO BENEFIT Ava Crow and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, ORIGINAL RIDE WAS CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER, THIS IS OUR RESCHEDULED DATE. Located at Genito Trails, 1080 Watkins Rd. LaCrosse, VA 23950. Gates open Friday. Lunch provided on trail by the Hunt Club for a Donation. Fried Shrimp and Chicken Dinner catered by the Filling Station on Saturday. $35 per Rider, $20 kids under 10, $20 Meal Only. Contact: Robyn Crow 757-651-9012 firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Dugan 757-567-5354 N2_horses2@yahoo.com Facebook/Trails of Hope Ride
- May 15-18 SCOTLAND NECK.
- May 23-25 MONTEBELLO SPRING TRAIL RIDE: Montebello, VA Contact: Day: (540) 377-2145 Night: (540) 377-2025 https://www.facebook.com/MontebelloTrailRides
- May 23-25 FRANKLIN COUNTY TRAIL RIDE,98 Alert Rd. Louisburg, NC 27549 $25 Per Adult (Ride and Supper) $10 Per Child 10 & Under, $10 Supper and DJ ($10 for DJ Only) https://www.facebook.com/Franklin-County-Trail-Blazers or email email@example.com For more information call: Ken Kreger (Ride site) 919-853-3772, Lonnie Hunt 919-496-4545 Linda Earp 919-965-3177
- May 30-June 1 PINEY POND FARM, SPONSORED BY SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA SADDLE CLUB, at the home of Gene R. Poythress & Betty Ann Piney Pond Farm 39671 Hwy 58 LaCrosse Va 23950 Adult Admission is $35.00 for adult rider and children 12 & under $15.00 Includes Dinner and Entertainment Saturday Night *Dinner provided Saturday night( meal only $10.00) www.southsidevasaddle.com For additional info please contact Betty Ann Poythress @ (434)-757-7351 or facebook/southside Virginia saddle club
- June 6-8 BARNHILL, 2955 Old Creek Road Greenville NC 27834 $30.00 per rider. Children 12 and under $15.00 per rider $10.00 per person non-riders (includes meal & DJ) Time: Ride starts at 10:00 am Dinner served from 4:00 till 6:00 pm Raffle & Auction 7-8pm (Donations will be appreciated) Contact info: Kevin or Tammy Lee 919-614-1390 or 252-702-3951 Kevinlee71167@yahoo.com or Tammyslee710@gmail.com More info. on Facebook/Barnhill Dairy Hunt Club
- June 6-8 RED OAK HOLLOW TRAIL: 575 Tates Mill Road, Red Oak Hollow, Virginia 23964 $35.00 @ the gate(Includes trail & dinner) $12.00 for non-riders just to eat contact: Kimberly Hancock-Wilkinson @ (434)-470-5863 call or text EMAIL @ firstname.lastname@example.org Robbie Tate @ (434)470-3322 call or text. Search “2014 RED OAK HOLLOW TRAIL RIDE” on Facebook
- June 13-15 Bull Run Hunt 2014 Camping Weekend Trailride, Locust Hill Preserve, 8070 North James Madison Highway, Rapidan, VA 22733 Come camp with your horse and friends while riding through some of the most gorgeous hunt country in Virginia! All proceeds go to Bull Run Hunt for the care of the hounds and management of the territory. Limited to 150 Riders!!! Pre-registration ONLY http://www.bullrunhuntclub.com/weekend-camp-ride/
- September 26-28 PINEY POND FARM. LaCrosse, Va. BENEFIT AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY. Contact Betty Ann Poythress @ 434-757-7351. Price: $35.00 adult, under 12 $15.00, meal only $10.00.
- Virginia Horse Council will also list events.
Trail Rider magazine offers free posting of events. Go to www.MyHorse.com