Rides & Events
Always remember to bring a copy of your current coggins papers to any trail ride or equestrian event. The Va. Dept. of Agriculture has been known to spot check the rides for the proper papers.
- Be kind to the trails or where ever you go "If you pack it in, please pack it out."
(SVSC Meetings are in red)
- March 7-9 BARNHILL DAIRY HUNT CLUB RIDE, 2955 Old Creek Road Greenville NC 27834 $30.00 per rider (BBQ Chicken Plates) Children 12 and under $15.00 per rider $10.00 per person non-riders (includes meal & DJ) Time: Ride starts at 10:00 am Dinner served from 4:00 till 6:00 pm Raffle & Auction 7-8pm (Donations will be appreciated) All Proceeds will be split with Sweet Gum Grove Church & Pactolus Fire Dept. Contact info: Kevin or Tammy Lee 919-614-1390 or 252-702-3951 Kevinlee71167@yahoo.com or Tammyslee710@gmail.com
More info. on Facebook/Barnhill Dairy Hunt Club
- March 14-16 Tee Cup Farms Benefit Trail Ride for Pantego VFD, Beach Ridge Road, Pantego NC Adult $20, Child under 12 $10 (covers primitive camp & dinner Sat night) Primitive camping only. Friday 12 pm till Sun. Optional short trail ride Sunday. Enjoy scenic riding on over 5000 acres of wooded land. Minimal field riding and no Hwy crossing or riding. Wildlife viewing a plus! Contact Billy Neal (252) 945-7269 or Jeannie Sullivan (252) 944-5481
- March 27-30 TRAILS OF HOPE, Benefit Ride for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Ava Crow. 1080 Watkins Rd. LaCrosse, Va at Genito Trails. Gates open Friday. Lunch provided on Trail by the Hunt Club for a donation. Fried Shrimp and Chicken Dinner catered by the Filling Station on Saturday. Contact: Robyn Crow 757-651-9012 firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Dugan 757-567-5354 N2_horses2@yahoo.com Facebook/Trails of Hope Ride
- April 4-6 BURKEVILLE TRAIL RIDE, 3637 Cary Shop Rd. Burkville, VA 23922 Trail Ride fundraiser to benefit Little Nottoway River Hunting Association. Ride admission is $40 per person and kids 12 and under $25. Current negative coggins required. Admission covers camping/day-ride April 4-6, lunch on trail (hotdogs, hamburgers, chips, drink), & Saturday dinner (grilled chicken with sides, desserts, and drink ), Saturday night dance with live music from THE SOUTHBOUND BAND and a D.J. between sets!!! Friday dinner will also be provided by Big Jimmie's BBQ for $5 a plate . Breakfast available Saturday and Sunday morning for $5 a plate. contact David Simms at 434-480-9093. Facebook/Burkeville Trail Ride
- April 6th NAS OCEANA STABLES TRAIL EVENT, Oceana Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA Time: First trail group will begin at 9 a.m. Groups will be staggered. Cost: $50 per person received by April 1, which includes trail ride, lunch and T-shirt. Note: This is an open trail ride for adults and youths (age 10 and older). Youths (under age 13) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All riders must sign an equine waiver form on the day of the ride. Riders younger than age 18 must have a signed waiver by a parent. Government horse rentals (LIMITED AVAILABILITY) are only available to patrons who are taking lessons at Oceana Stables. Military ONLY - Retired and eligible family members - $60. Riders using government horses must sign a waiver on the day of the event. Helmets are required for all youth riders and individuals using government horses. contact Oceana Stables at (757) 433-3255 or email email@example.com
- April 11-13 OLD STORE 2014 SPRING RIDE, 1109 Gasburg Rd. Gasburg, VA 23920 Come in Friday afternoon and setup and enjoy the peaceful scenery of the campground's rolling hills. We're looking forward to a great crowd and a great time ! Facebook/Old Store 2014 Spring Ride
- April 18-20 LAKE GASTON FIRE DEPT BENEFIT RIDE, home of Wayne & Christy Lunceford @ 612 Blackridge Rd, LaCrosse Va! In conjunction with our local winery they will have wine tasting available for $5 per person paid at the winery! Hitching post at winery and they will deliver what you purchase to camp! Long ride 18 miles short ride 16! Ride out by 11 on Saturday, a shorter ride is available on Friday $35 per rider $ 25 12 and under includes dinner Saturday night and DJ Friday and Saturday! Fire dept. will have dinner available on Friday night for donations! Lunch on the trails by the Lake Gaston Hunt Club for donations!!! Camping is available on Friday & Saturday night! Water is available for watering horses only!!! Any questions please call Christy 434-917-2467 or Beth Quinn 434-917-3348!!!! Facebook/Lake Gaston Fire Dept. Benefit Trail Ride
- April 25-27 GENITO TRAIL RIDE, 1080 Watkins Road La Crosse, Va. 23950 Gates open Friday at 12:00. Primitive Camping, Water provided for horses. Lunch provided on Trail for a Donation. Dinner provided on Saturday night. Contact: Nelson or Chyrel Baird at 434-729-9141 or 434-774-1332 Facebook/Genito Trail Ride
- May 2-4 AMELIA SPRINGS TRAIL RIDE, 7720 Mount Zion Rd. Jetersville, VA 23083 Gates open at 10:00 A.M. Friday for Camping. Early arrivals welcome on Thursday after 3:00 P.M. It is a primitive site in an open field. There are no electric hook-ups. There is water, showers and horse wash at the barn. Current Negative Coggins required and will be checked at the gate. On-line registration and waiver can be filled out by going to the website: www.ameliaspringstrailride.com
- May 9-11 EASTERN SHORE TRAIL RIDE, Machipongo, VA see www.easternshoretrailride.com for more information.
- June 13-15 Bull Run Hunt 2014 Camping Weekend Trailride, Locust Hill Preserve, 8070 North James Madison Highway, Rapidan, VA 22733 Come camp with your horse and friends while riding through some of the most gorgeous hunt country in Virginia! All proceeds go to Bull Run Hunt for the care of the hounds and management of the territory. Limited to 150 Riders!!! Pre-registration ONLY http://www.bullrunhuntclub.com/weekend-camp-ride/
- Virginia Horse Council will also list events.
Trail Rider magazine offers free posting of events. Go to www.MyHorse.com